Last binary release
This page contains last stable release of Doodle binary. The
current version is 2.1. Binaries for the following platforms are
What's new in 2.1
This new release is a minor release. Here the list of changes:
- Upper case in extension is now allowed (.DOO or
.D) for input file. It is more convenient in MS Windows, you
can now double-click on a doodle file to launch compilations.
- \rotate symbol changes according to the angle value
given. The arrows of the symbol now indicate the rotation order.
- The value given to \rotate can now be real instead of
- \diagramer is now replaced by
- Last parameter of \simple_arrow
and \return_arrow (concerning the side of the arrow) is now
optional. The default value is set to right if it is omitted.
- Debug information placement has been updated to introduce random.
- New operator \push_arrow to draw a push arrow symbol in
- New operator \open_arrow to draw a open arrow symbol in
- New operator \repeat_arrow to draw a repeat arrow symbol in
- New operator \label to declare a symbol to reference the
step where the label is defined.
- New string operator \ref to reference a label symbol
defined in a step. The operator is replace inside the string by the
- \turn_over_* have been fixed concerning the shifting
values (forgotten bug from the 2.0 version).
- The syntax of both operators \turn_over_* have changed
to be compliant with \rotate. Now they can only be found
after a step and no longer inside.
- New operator \rabbit_ear has been introduced to help
user to compute rabbit ear folds.
The main effort of this release has been to complete the
\shift operator. Since \shift creates a difference
between internal position of points and the visual one, a lot of other
operators should have been modified. Moreover some new operators have
been added and some one have been changed. The list below details
those changes, you can see for more information the reference manual.
- Fold operators (\valley_fold ...) can now be defined
with a limiting edge on its second point.
- \unfill operator has been extended. If no paramter is
given all previously defined faces are unfilled.
- New debug operators (\debug_point and \debug_line) very useful.
- \rotate operator has changed, it's no longer accepted
inside a step block.
- New operator \text to annotate directly points of
- New operator \unshift to stop action of a previous
- Vertex duplications are now provided (e.g newA = A;).
- Fold line styles no longer change because of scale change.
- Parenthesis can now be found safely in string.
Older binary releases
If you want to get other versions jump to sourceforge download page
Here is a port of Flex and Bison for Win32
systems. You must have those files to compile Doodle on Windows.